Every fall, Cantata Singers welcomes new members to our roster.
Cantata Singers’ 2019-2020 season includes choral music of J.S. Bach, George Frideric Handel, Charles Ives, Yehudi Wyner, Aaron Copland, Irving Fine, Gabriel Fauré, and C. Hubert H. Parry, as well as a new commission by Richard Festinger. Additionally, this season's Chamber Series features solo songs in two themed concerts: Under the Northern Lights, Songs from the Nordic; and Flora and Fauna, Nature’s Timeless Inspiration.
For a detailed picture of Cantata Singers, including its history, musicians, and repertoire, please visit www.cantatasingers.org/season.
Cantata Singers David Hoose, Music Director
Auditions for the 2019-20 Season will be held Tuesday, September 3rd, 2019 6:30-9:30pm and Sunday, September 8th, 2019 6:30-9:30pm by appointment only.
Brookline, MA. Please call or email for location and appointment.
Please contact Michelle Rush at email@example.com or 617.868.5885 for more information and to set up your audition. If emailing, please include your name, voice part, phone number, email address, and home address.
Requirements for Audition
- Please prepare one or two pieces.
- Art songs, cantata arias, or oratorio arias are ideal audition materials. Please do not bring opera arias.
- If preparing two pieces, bring ones in different languages. One piece in German would be lovely.
- The audition may include sight-reading.
- Cantata Singers will provide a piano accompanist.
- Please bring an extra copy of your music for the accompanist.
Information for Interested Auditionees
- During the 2019-2020 season, the critically acclaimed 44-voice Cantata Singers presents a four-program choral series at New England Conservatory’s Jordan Hall and First Church, Cambridge; two seasonal chamber chorus performances at United Parish, Brookline; and a two-program vocal chamber series at the Longy School of Music and Follen Church, Lexington.
- Cantata Singers is a professional-level chorus. Participation as a member of the chorus is unpaid, but possible paid opportunities include: solo roles in the Concert Series, participation in the Chamber Series, participation in the Chamber Chorus performances, and teaching/performing in Cantata Singers’ educational outreach songwriting program, Classroom Cantatas.
- Singers invited to participate in the ensemble will be asked to sing all, or part, of the season, depending upon the needs of each program.
- Participating singers are expected to attend all rehearsals.
- These auditions are for singers interested in participating in the chorus. Any chorus member wishing to be considered for solo opportunities may audition for them during, or at the end of, the season.
- Regular chorus rehearsals are on Wednesdays, 7:30-10:00 pm, in Brookline, beginning six or seven weeks before each performance. During performance weeks, rehearsals expand in length and number.