Every fall, Cantata Singers welcomes new members to our roster.
Cantata Singers’ 2018-2019 season includes choral music of J.S. Bach, John Harbison, F.J. Haydn, Arvo Pärt, James Primosch, Igor Stravinsky, Anton Bruckner, and Giovanni Gabrieli, as well as solo repertoire by European and American women composers. For a detailed picture of Cantata Singers, including its history, musicians and repertoire, please visit: http://www.cantatasingers.org/season/ .
David Hoose, Music Director
Auditions for the 2018-19 Season will be held Tuesday, September 4th, 2018 6:30-9:30pm and Sunday, September 9th, 2018 6:30-9:30pm by appointment only.
Brookline, MA. Please call or email for location and appointment.
Please contact Michelle Rush at firstname.lastname@example.org or 617.868.5885 for more information and to set up your audition. If emailing, please include your name, voice part, phone number, email address, and home address.
Requirements for Audition
• Please prepare one or two pieces.
• Art songs, cantata arias, or oratorio arias are ideal audition materials. Please do not bring opera arias.
• If preparing two pieces, bring ones in different languages. One piece in German would be lovely.
• The audition may include sight-reading.
• Cantata Singers will provide a piano accompanist.
• Please bring an extra copy of your music for the accompanist.
Information for Interested Auditionees
• During the 2018-2019 season, the critically acclaimed 44-voice Cantata Singers presents a four-program choral series at New England Conservatory’s Jordan Hall and St. Paul Church, Cambridge; two seasonal chamber chorus performances at First Lutheran Church, Boston; and a two-program vocal chamber series at the American Academy of Arts and Sciences.
• Cantata Singers is a professional-level chorus. Participation as a member of the chorus is unpaid, but possible paid opportunities include: solo roles in the Concert Series, participation in the Chamber Series, participation in the Chamber Chorus performances, and teaching/performing in Cantata Singers’ educational outreach songwriting program, Classroom Cantatas.
• Singers invited to participate in the ensemble will be asked to sing all, or part, of the season, depending upon the needs of each program.
• Participating singers are expected to attend all rehearsals.
• These auditions are for singers interested in participating in the chorus. Any chorus member wishing to be considered for solo opportunities may audition for them during, or at the end of, the season.
• Regular chorus rehearsals are on Wednesdays, 7:30-10:00 pm, in Brookline, beginning six or seven weeks before each performance. During performance weeks, rehearsals expand in length and number.